Natural Resource Laws
5 Guam Code Annotated, Division 6, Chapter 60: Department of Agriculture
- Agricultural Water Rate: P.L. 9-42: Provides for reduced water rate for qualified individuals engaged in a farming activity such as crop and livestock production, aquaculture and horticulture.
- Agricultural Land Lease: P.L. 15-18: Current Administration of 48 agricultural land leases for commercial agriculture.
- Crop Compensation: P.L. 20-84/22-64: Provides for one time registration of farmers to be eligible for compensation of farm losses due to a natural disaster. Requires a disaster declaration and is depedent upon appropriation of funds from the Legislature.
- Animal Quarantine: P.L. 24-216; Title 10 Guam Code Anotated Chapter 34, Article 3: Governs importation of dogs, cats and other carnivores into Guam.
- Public Law 27-87: Provides for five (5) day or less quarantine.
- Importation of Livestock Animals and Animal Products. P.L. 3-103; P.L. 7-16 and P.L. 21-90: Provides for the importation, inspection and quarantine of livestock animals and animal products.
- Importation of Plant and Plant Products: P.L. 3-103, P.L. 7-16 and P.L. 21-90:
Provides for importation, inspection and quarantine of plant and plant products.
- 5 GCA Chapter 66 Egg Shell: Provides for the importation, inspection, labeling and quarantine of chicken and duck eggs.
The Department of Agriculture’s Law Enforcement or Conservation Officers are responsible for the enforcement of Guam’s laws and regulations for the protection of Fish, Wildlife, Endangered and Threatened Species and Forestry Laws.
This team also protects Guam’s aquatic and wildlife resources through the reduction of illegal activities associated with the taking of these resources; protect life and property and enforce all ordinances under the Guam Code Annotated on the island of Guam.
Revenue generated for Fiscal Year 2008: Sales deposited to the Wildlife Conservation Fund
Revenue generated for Fiscal Year 2009: Sales deposited to the Wildlife Conservation Fund
Revenue generated for Fiscal Year 2011:Sales deposited to the Wildlife Conservation Fund